Wednesday 23 February 2011

Typical Half-Term

Hmph. One day off and it's terrible weather. Luckily it had stopped raining by 5 and so I could have a ride, albeit very dull (the weather not the ride). We did some flatwork on Sunday and tried a few new moves. She's starting to understand shoulder in and is taking to walk pirhouettes and it was nice to experiment a bit. We did some work on medium/extended canter too, which she loves :) I'm really looking forward to doing some WH classes this season. I love feeling her accelerate when I push her on into gallop. Ahh hurry up summer!

Anyway today I put out some canter poles along one side of the school and 2 canter poles with a jump after them. She was getting in a bit of a muddle over the poles. She'd either fall back to trot or get disunited. Didn't help that she was more interested in everything else outside the arena! She managed it in the end though. I took her up to the poles and jump in trot and she stopped about 4 strides out. It wasn't a naughty stop, it was a 'hang on I need to have a look at this first' stop, but I was a bit disappointed because she'd been doing so well with no refusals recently. Not to worry too much though, she popped over it the 2nd time. We kept at it until she got her striding right and ended on a good note. She got all giddy at one point, so cute :)

She'll be having a day off tomorrow (had Monday and Tuesday off too, part-timer!) because I'm in uni til late but I should be able to have a ride during the day on Friday. I think I'll do some flat work again and practice our individual show. Haven't done that since the summer! Will keep working on shoulder-in too. She'll be jumping on Saturday hopefully because she's having a visitor so she'll be wanting to show off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment