Friday 9 April 2010

Another one bites the dust

Ahh well it had to happen! I had my second fall off Saffy yesterday. Quite dramatic, ended up in A&E! Just for a check over because I hit my head quite hard. I'm ok though, just all achey this morning!

I had put up a double and a single fence. Warmed up and went over the single fence no problem. I took her upto the double and she refused so I gave her a tap and rode her back to it. She felt like she was going to run out but she was brave and did it. Thing is, she threw herself over it. Must've cleared it by 3ft!! That flung me into the air and as soon as she landed she shot to the left to run out of the 2nd jump, leaving me on the floor. She trotted to the corner of the school and stood there looking scared. I shook myself down, made sure all limbs were still attached, put the jumps down a bit and got back on. She was genuinely scared of the jump. After 2 goes she jumped it from the other direction but was really wary of going over it the way she did when I fell off. I eventually got her over it twice and left it at that. I wasn't angry with her and I don't think she's going to try the cat-leaping and legging it method again!

By the time I was going to bed I was scared. I had been convincing myself I had done the right thing getting back on and trying it again with her, which I know I did. Whenever I thought about the show on Sunday though I started to panic. What happens if we get to the double and she does it again? And I end up falling off in front of loads of people and bash my head again? Arghh.

I woke up this morning feeling a lot more confident. Not sure what changed over night but I want to get back on and try again. Today I'm going to put up a little double and get her lunging over it properly. That way she can figure it out for herself with minimal injury to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment