Sunday 25 April 2010

April Update

Been quite a while since I posted anything. I've been stupidly busy with uni etc, it's all getting a bit stressful now. Anyway Saffy has been brilliant as usual :) We had Urmston show last Sunday and she excelled herself. I went with the goal of getting a 2nd place, we got 2!! We also got a 3rd. I was thrilled to bits with her and I thought she looked great. Only need a red rosette now and we have a full run!

In my lessons I've been working on my position and keeping my heels down so my legs down ride up. It sounds basic but I've gotten into a really bad habit of bringing my heels up and turning my toes out. I'm also working on getting her moving off my leg much quicker and not constantly nagging her with them. It's quite hard work but she's a pleasure to work with :)

We did our 2nd dressage test on Saturday and hacked over to Hargate. She was great on the hack and I felt pretty relaxed, new for me on hacks!! I just wish we could get to off-road hacking without having to go on so many roads. The drivers are generally great but there are so many things that are potentially scary in gardens etc. Meh, I'll get over it. Anyway she was a very good girl in the dressage, really did what I asked and worked a lot better than last time. We got 62.2% and came 3rd!! That's an improvement of 2.2% on last time so I'm pleased. I didn't see the tests that got 1st and 2nd.

Today I've bought her a 2nd hand western saddle for hacking. She was an angel when I was trying it on her and just stood there while I faffed about with it. It was very comfy so I'm looking forward to taking her out in it soon. I got her some hoof boots too which I'm going to use for hacks to stop her front feet wearing down.

We have Mottram show next Sunday then Hargate show the weekend after that. We then have a weekend off while I stress over exams followed by a jumping competition on my birthday weekend. Busy busy bees!!

No comments:

Post a Comment