Wednesday 7 April 2010

Tuesday's lesson

Just a quick update. Had another great lesson on Tuesday. Cara's really impressed with how she's working now. She says we need to focus more on getting her moving forward now, which is quite a job! I need to ride every stride and be lighter but quicker with my leg. She said to do 2 beats to every stride, something I definitely need to work on! We're going to do some no-stirrup work soon so that should help strengthen my core muscles.

She's had the day off today while I focus on my dissertation. Farrier's coming tomorrow to have a look at her feet and see what he thinks about me getting some hoof boots for her because her front feet are wearing down quite a bit. Hopefully I'll be alright getting boots. I'd prefer to keep her without shoes. As long as she's alright after having her feet trimmed I'm going to do some jumping in the afternoon. Will do a double and make a scary looking jump in preparation for Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment