Wednesday 24 March 2010

Can you say outline?

Eeeeee she's amazing :D I took her in the school today to practice what we did yesterday and I wasn't expecting much really. She was brilliant! She felt tired, not sure what to do about that at the moment, but warmed up properly and did plenty of tight circles etc. Once she was warmed up I asked her to soften in halt. No problem. I asked in walk and she got it after a few strides. I then asked in trot and she did it after half a lap!! I was sooo pleased!! I was using firm but gentle aids so I wasn't getting too tense and she took to it like a duck to water. It's not consistent but she does drop down when I ask so it's just a case of being quick to react to her actions and she'll soon learn she needs to maintain it. She feels so light on my hands when she does it. I really hope I can get her to do it at the show seeing as the judge said it would take ages to get her in an outline because of her neck muscles. Pah. 3 weeks!! I know judges are unlikely to ever take her seriously as a show pony but that doesn't bother me. She's more special than any of the horses at that show and probably has more intelligence in her hoof than the majority! She's wonderful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment