Monday 15 March 2010

Update from the weekend

Friday:
It was really windy but I decided to try schooling. Because of the weather everything was far too interesting outside the arena so I got giraffe Saffy most of the time. She did drop down for a few strides in walk though after loads of effort so I guess I got somewhere at least. Did lots of canter transitions across the diagonal. Her canter is absolutely divine at the moment. Sooo nice to sit to.

Saturday:
Went on a looong hack with Harry :) She was so much happier with a sensible lead horse and didn't put a foot wrong. She had a tiny spook at a rattling van but literally just a jump. We rode for 2hrs, a lot of roadwork and some very steep hills so she was knackered when we got back but she seemed to really enjoy it all. It's boosted my hacking confidence loads. Can't wait to get out hacking more, especially in the summer. It seems a few shows are hacking distance away so it'll be great to get out and about loads and get some rosettes!

Sunday:
I was hungover so she had a day in the field :)

Monday:
Jumpies! I put a jump up on each long side and one across the diagonal. The diagonal was a x-pole and there was a spread (2ft) and a straight (2ft3 then 2ft6). I warmed her up and popped her over the x in trot. She usually refuses the first jump so I made sure I rode her positively upto it and she popped it quietly. Did that a couple more times then cantered over it no problem. I went to the straight in canter and she refused! I think it might have been me just being a bit unsure. We managed it after that. She even gave my friend's horse a lead over it! She was jumping so cleanly and quietly. It's like something's really clicked. The spread wasn't a problem for her either. She made such a good job of them all and really tried hard. She got so excited towards the end she put in a few little bucks! So cute. We did the full *course* a couple of times and she was great. It was her first try jumping more than one jump at once so I was soo proud of her.

I'm taking her to a jumping have-a-go fun day on 11th April and going to do the clear round, 1ft9 then 2ft3. That'll be her first time jumping away from home but it's a really relaxed environment so I think it'll be great for her. Very excited! If that goes well I'm going to enter her in some jumping classes at another local show as practise for the big local one in May!

No comments:

Post a Comment