Monday 8 March 2010

More jumpies

I wasn't intending to jump 2 days running but my friend wanted to try her horse over a few so decided to give it another go. Saffy was wicked :) Warmed up then went upto the cross in trot and she refused so I gave her a smack and came back round and she flew it. She always tries to get out of it at first then she realises she loves it bless her. I seem to have killed my 'cantering-upto-jump' demons and cantered upto every one from then on. She was brilliant. Really tried her little heart out. It wasn't a huge jump, about 2ft, but I was more concerned with starting to get her striding right. She makes such a lovely shape over jumps and really gets going, little ears about to pop off they're that far forward! She's going to be a great little jumping pony :D

I also had a go on another horse at the yard which was a first for me because I'm usually too chicken to get on random horses but I really enjoyed it. It was very nice to ride a horse who naturally goes in an outline. Can't wait til Saf is like that. Still wouldn't swap her for the world though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment