Wednesday 10 March 2010

Our first hack

Today we went on our first proper hack since moving to the yard. We went during rush hour and with only a young skittish horse for company so probably wasn't the best idea. Saffy was, as usual, pretty great. She spooked at a couple of things (drains, double decker bus hitting branches, grit container) but nothing too bad at all. She doesn't care about vehicles passing her it's just the sudden noises. I think she'd have been pretty foot-perfect if she'd have been with a more sensible horse. We stayed in walk barr 2mins of trot but because we spent half an hour walking up a huge hill she was soaked with sweat when we got back :)

I wasn't very comfortable riding on the main road but I think if I went during the day or at the weekend then it'd be loads quieter and I could relax more. If the weather holds out we'll be going out with Pam and Harry on Saturday so hopefully that'll give her more confidence. Overall I was very impressed with her considering it was a whole new experience with lots of potentially scary things :)

No comments:

Post a Comment